Dredging Africa carries out the following services:
- Dam basin dredging
- Sump cleanout
- Lined dam silt removal
- Sand mining
- Environmental dam clean-up
- Estuary and river desiltation
- Harbour and waterway dredging
- Dam capacity enlargement
- Hydrometric surveys and volume determination
- Specialist dredging consulting
- Invasive water Hyacinth and water plants removal
Dredging Africa has established an International affiliated company with focus on the African dredging market.
Dredging Africa carries out projects in the following geographical areas:
- South Africa
- Democratic Republic of Congo
Investment in Equipment
Damen CSD250 ‘Indlovu’
- This machine is a state-of -the-art Cutter Suction Dredger from Damen Shipyards (The Netherlands).
- Operates with a depth reach of 6m and a maximum pumping capacity of 1,000m3/hr.
- Ideal for small harbour dredging and inland water dams which are unlined and with a typical sludge removal volume of more than 50,000m3.
Horizontal Auger Dredger ‘Mvubu’
- Specifically designed in South Africa for the dredging of lined dams.
Pumping capacity of 450m3/hr and a depth reach of 5m.
- The horizontal auger is also equipped with protection wheels on the side together with rounded fibreglass pontoons, makes it the ideal dredger for plastic lined dams.
- Additional high-pressure water jets at the fore of the cutter bar allows for further versatility and production efficiency.
- Equipped with flow and density meters allowing the crew to keep proper track of the production rates and total material removed.
Horizontal Auger Dredger ‘MudPrawn 160’
- Locally designed and built horizontal auger dredger.
Ideal for the cleaning of smaller lined and unlined dams.
- Depth range up to 5m and a pumping capacity up to 300m3/hr.
Can be easily placed in a pond and be operational within a few hours from arrival on site.
- Launching does not require a crane in most instances, which further adds to cost-effective establishment of the machine.
Horizontal Auger Dredger ‘MudPrawn 220’
- Horizontal auger dredger, similar to the MudPrawn but larger in size and capacity.
Ideal for the desilting of lined dams.
- Pumping capacity of about 400m3/hr. Depth reaches up to 5m and can comfortably clean medium sized dams.
Vegetation Cutter and Dozer ‘Happy Hippo’
- Specialized and versatile piece of equipment, designed to remove vegetation and floating plants from dams.
- Driven by water wheels, this machine acts like a water bulldozer, but is also able to pick up large amounts of water plants for delivery to shore.
- Front bucket is equipped with a cutter which enables cutting of reeds and roots of floating plants when required.
Long Reach Excavators: Hitachi ZX240
- Excavator specially adapted with a 20m long boom/stick combination.
- Can reach into dams where no normal excavator can.
- Hitachi Zaxis ZX240LC-5G_SLF
18,5m Boom Length
- Bell Super Exceed Kato 1
15,4m Boom Length – 3-arm boom/stick combination
- Bell Super Exceed Kato 2
14,4m Boom Length
- CAT 320
15m Boom Length
Dredging Africa owns all the support infrastructure that goes with the abovementioned machines to implement complete projects, including but not limited to the following:
• Support vessels (boats)
• Site vehicles
• Diesel Bowsers
• Booster Pumps
• Site Containers (storage and split containers)
• Field Service Vehicle
• TLB for site preparation
• Trailers for equipment transport
• Cables, chains, winches etc.
• Polymer dosing installation complete
• Tools and Maintenance Spares
Dredging Africa provides continuous training and development for our employees to ensure we meet in stringent client standards and requirements.
Skills training include:
- Skippers Licences
- Operator Machine Training
- Basic Rigging
- First Aid
- OHSA and MHSA
- Supervisor’s Training
- Legal Liability Training
Specific focus on silt removal from plastic lined dams
Invasive plant removal from dams
Provision of specialized dam cleaning equipment
Focus on mining sector
Focus on projects in South and Southern Africa
2019 © All Rights Reserved | DREDGING AFRICA (PTY) LTD